VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009


"Can't Make-up My Mind"


This graphite pencil drawing started out eight years ago as a demonstration piece for my advanced students. I was requiring them to complete a self-portrait in some sort of mirror or reflective surface. Each fall, I've pulled the piece out whenever I introduced the assignment and would add a few marks before packing it up again. This Christmas I challenged myself to complete some of stacks of unfinished pieces that were piling up in my studio.


This piece was done from observation looking into an old compact left in my classroom desk by the former art teacher. The fantasy characters just emerged from doodles and playful marks built through my imagination and what I "saw" in the doodles.

No comments: