VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, June 18, 2010

ART SHOW - OHMS, AMARILLO, TX

Here are all fifteen of my pastel, still life paintings arranged in one format.  It's really exciting for me to see them all together.

I always recall the beginning scene from the movie "Romancing the Stone" when Joan Wilder celebrates finishing her novel.  After I finish a piece, I usually have a little ritual of cleaning off my easel, storing my pastels and "celebrating" the completion of a piece.  Since I knew this would be a series of fifteen, I have saved my celebration until now.

I hope friends and family will get a chance to visit this fabulous (but expensive) restaurant, meet the owner/chef, Mary Fuller, have a great meal and enjoy seeing my work on display.

Thank you, everyone, who praised me, encouraged me and helped me accomplish this milestone!

No comments: