VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Garlic on Red



This is number fourteen in my series of fifteen food, still life pastels.  I have been wanting to do a piece that was predominately white and push myself to find as much color as I could in the reflected light and shadows.  I preach to my students to save white for the hot spots/the highlights of their work regardless of the actual or local color.  When working with a white subject, the fun is playing with the colored light reflected at the object from its environment.

I had a hard time keeping enough garlic around to study while I worked.  Lately I seem to add garlic to nearly every recipe I cook.

This is a small 8" x 8" pastel on Canson Mi-Teintes paper

I only have one 10.25" x 14" panel paper left to complete my OHMS show.  The problem isn't coming up with what to do but to narrow it down to one, final subject.

No comments: