VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Strawberries in a Silver Bowl

This is the fifteenth and final still life for my Amarillo show.  My sister, Melinda gave me some beautiful strawberries and I placed them in a sterling silver, Paul Revere bowl I was awarded years ago as a 4-H prize.  I liked the challenges of the reflections, the silver surface and all the textures and colors of the strawberries.  I did not like the elbow grease it took to polish up the bowl after it had been sitting for years in the back of my china cabinet.

I am pretty proud of the finished results of this piece and am excited to see it in a frame and displayed at the OHMS cafe and bar.  I've completed four pieces this week!

This pastel piece is 10.25" x 14" on Canson Mi-Teintes Paper

No comments: