NOT "FRAME-WORTHY"

 Here are a couple of still life pastel drawings I've completed and don't really believe deserve a frame.  They've been great pieces to play with but I don't intend to exhibit them beyond my blog buddies.

"Sliced Orange"
6" x 8"
Soft Pastel on Canson Mi-Teintes Paper
I did this piece out of a pastel paper sketchbook
I bought a long time ago and it's on an odd orange, toned paper.

I've learned that I need to warm-up a little each time I start working in a medium I haven't touched for awhile.  Since I teach so many different mediums, styles and skill levels, I am always jumping around.  Currently my craft students are doing printmaking. My first year students are finishing up color theory and colored pencil techniques.  My second year students are in the middle of pastel portraits and my advanced students are all over the place with acrylics, colored pencils, collage - you name it.

I am ready to give my full attention to building up my inventory for my Taos show.  I have confirmed that I'm to hang my work May 1st and take it down July 10th.  I'm thrilled to have my work showing over Memorial Day and the Fourth of July in such a great tourist market.

"Sliced Pears in the Light"
9" x 5"
Soft Pastel on Canson Mi-Teintes Paper
I just did this piece a few days ago to again, warm up.

I wanted a clever composition and to use some vivid color but
I'm not all that happy with the result.

I have blocked out three new pieces including a landscape commission for a good friend who now lives in Alaska.  So visit me often and see how my inventory grows. 

Comments

Popular Posts