A LITTLE INSPIRATION FROM SANTA FE

 While visiting Santa Fe over Spring Break, I happened to notice a small display in the lobby of the La Fonda Hotel.  A fellow pastel artist had matted some small prints of their work in brightly colored, fabric mats - "What a great idea!"

I am working away on pieces for my May 1st, Taos show but hoping to also participate in our local Sunflower Art Festival the first of June.  I know I can't possibly have enough original inventory and afford enough framing for both events but thanks to my La Fonda discovery I think I might have a solution.

I can make small prints of some of my best pastels, mat them in small fabric mats and sell those for reduced prices at the Sunflower Festival.  At least - that's my plan at the moment.  Here are two preliminary pieces made from prints. 

This is my recent plum pastel matted in bright pink silk.

Here is the same print matted using some painted scraps of dimensional wallpaper I've been saving in my studio.  Both of these pieces are small (only 4.75" x 4" in a 10.5" x 9.5" double mat)

Comments

Leah said…
Love the wallpaper mat! that's cleaver and super cute!!

Popular Posts