VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Monday, May 09, 2011

BANNER PROGRESS

I have more of the under painting and choices made regarding this year's Sunflower Festival banner.  The deadline for turning it in is this weekend.

I can't believe how orange I've gone in this piece.  I rarely use that color except for highlights and when it's required as a local color.  I plan to tone it done quite a bit.  I also plan to change the right hand to soften the pose and expose more of the fingers. I don't care for how the thumb is sticking out even though I like it on the left hand.  I am going to "paint out" the large, green leaf so the fingers are prominent.

At this stage nothing is really finished but I have finished blocking everything in excluding the right hand changes

  It's time to start details and pump up the values.

No comments: