VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, February 24, 2012

COLORED PENCIL ON OLD DICTIONARY PAGE

"Hummingbird"
5" x 5"
Colored Pencil on Distressed Dictionary Page

I have a collection of old, used dictionaries in my classroom.  This afternoon while my students were finishing up their first colored pencil exercises, I decided to distress a dictionary page and draw something I found described on a random entry.

I snooped around online for the image of a hummingbird and then entertained myself with this drawing.  I may tear out a few more - who knows.

No comments: