LADYBUGS & BEETLES

 "Ladybugs"
6.5" x 8.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
Original SOLD - Prints Available

"Beetles"
6.5" x 8.5" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
Original SOLD - Prints Available

I continue to have new and interesting subjects commissioned of my original, dictionary drawings.  We have a university located ten miles away and a friend (and my husband's former student) is the entomology professor there.  He adores bugs of all sorts and on occasion will visit with some hissing, squirming, and often terrifying specimen. 

He and his wife have purchased a lot of of my bug-like drawings and they asked me to create a page of ladybugs and another of beetles.  I never knew there were so many varieties of the darn things.  When I was a kid and had to collect bugs for a biology class, I was too lazy or disinterested so instead I captured grasshoppers and beetles in the pastures and barns around our farm, euthanized them then took legs and wings and such from one and glued them on others.  I even took watercolors and acrylic paint to add unique colors and patterns to my "frankenbugs."  My teacher had to have noticed but somehow seemed to appreciate the artistic effort of my collection enough to give me an 'A'.



Comments

Popular Posts