SPORT

"Sport"
6.5" x 8" Mixed Media Drawing on Distressed, Dictionary Page
Original SOLD - Prints Available

Before I drew this piece I had no idea about the evolution of soccer balls and football helmets.  I do now.  The challenge in this drawing was trying to develop the natural leather look of the equipment while still using some fun, creative colors.  I was commissioned to draw vintage sports equipment on a dictionary page for a little boy's room.

It's been a great summer for Flying Shoes.  I've had great success (in my limited experience) with my Etsy store and I've had lots of friends notice and purchase my artwork.  I have a few more commissions to finish up and then I hope to do more dictionary drawings of personal subjects. 

The great advantage of these small drawings is that even after the original is sold and long gone, I still have nice prints of the artwork that can continue to be sold.

I'm off to the studio and then hope to enjoy a great weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts