VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

MEETING THE ARTIST/ANIMATOR BILL PLYMPTON

Me & Bill Plympton at the Telluride Film Festival

I am finally unpacked and starting to get back to reality after a thrilling time at the 40th Telluride Film Festival.  I was in the same room with a lot of world famous celebrities and got to attend 11 films - some world premieres.

Visual artists and film makers generally go hand in hand and this year I got to meet and visit with the academy award nominated animator/artist, Bill Plympton.  Bill sees the world in an odd way and his animated shorts are always a bit bizarre.  He shared with me that he is currently working on a short with Salma Hayek Jimenez.  While we visited he drew me his famous cartoon, guide dog.  The drawing is now proudly hanging on the wall of my studio.

Here is a link to Bill's website





No comments: