VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Friday, April 04, 2014

FROMAGE

FROMAGE
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing in Distressed, French-English Dictionary

I decided to explore a few more drawings using the French-English dictionary I own.  I own a French-English dictionary because I thought it might be fun to photocopy some pages out of my fellow, high school teacher's dictionary and carelessly cut a page out.  I replaced her beautiful book with a brand new dictionary and now own the original. (She has forgiven me and purchased a few pages for herself).

I thought it would be fun to create some french pages that might suit a kitchen or dining room setting.  Cheese is tasty.  Cheese comes is endless varieties.  Drawing cheese in a way to make it interesting with exciting color choices and a good composition is.....challenging.  Maybe someday I'll get to return to France and enjoy some for myself.

No comments: