VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Thursday, May 01, 2014

ROSE

Rose Mixed Media Drawing on Dictionary Page
6" x 9"
Webster's New Student Dictionary - Teacher's Annotated Edition 1964

Early in this series of dictionary drawings, I created a few flowers.  I got the urge to go back and capture a few new floral drawings on some of the new editions I just collected.

This is a great page filled with Rose definitions.  My husband suggested that I start to include the name of the dictionary where I harvested the page.  This page came from a teacher's edition of the Webster's New Student Dictionary.  The book was published in 1964.  I love to repeat my favorite subjects and with so many pages of the same image I think it will help me catalog my work by using the name of the book is drawn from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have just spent 2 or maybe 3 hours admiring your work. It's been a real pleasure .. thank you.