VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

GRAND HAVEN LIGHT HOUSE

Grand Haven Light House
6" x 9" Mixed Media Drawing on Children's Dictionary Page

I am loading up my car and trying to figure out how to fit everything in I need for my big art adventure to the East.  On Friday I set up in beautiful Grand Haven, Michigan along the Eastern shore of Lake Michigan.  I am excited, anxious and a bit panicked - so much to do before I can pull out of my driveway.

I like to include something with some regional flavor in my artwork for each show.  It was easy to settle on doing a dictionary page featuring the local light house found on Grand Haven's shores.  I am thrilled that I will soon be in the area and get to enjoy this sight for myself, for reals.

My husband and I have a lengthy, fabulous trip planned.  I hope to post our adventures as we go.


2 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

What a lovely sketch and a great idea to paint it on a dictionary page. Have an amazing trip!

Ellie Bloo said...

Your work is beautiful. I love it!