VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

PAPILLON

"Papillon"
5" x 8" Mixed Media Drawing on French/English Dictionary

I am fascinated by my French roots.  My grandmother was French and my mother corresponded with French relatives who lived outside Paris.  I remember how exciting it was when our French relatives came to visit.  A few years later my mother was thrilled to travel to France and visit them.  My dream is to someday get to do the same.

I recently found an old French/English dictionary and its been so much fun to create drawings on these old pages.

1 comment:

BJR said...

This is so lovely! I love butterflies anyways, but the way you do your color transitions are truly an art!