VISIT MY ETSY SHOP TO PURCHASE MY WORK

About Me

My photo
Guymon, Oklahoma, United States
I am blessed to live where my grandfather homesteaded, to have three beautiful daughters who are my best friends, to have six delightful grandchildren who live nearby, to be married to my sweetheart of 35 years and to thrill to the special magic of creating my own works of art. I'll never cease to thrill to witnessing new ideas and images come to life from the point of a pencil or splash of a brush. I am blessed.

Monday, April 06, 2015

WHISKEY

Whiskey
7" x 10" Mixed Media Drawing on Antique Dictionary

Is it Whisky or Whiskey?  I'm not sure and even this old, dictionary page lists both as correct.  I have to admit that I'm not a fan of this drink but I can't argue with how beautiful it looks in a glass or a fancy decanter.  I also think there is something nostalgic about this concoction.  There isn't a western film out there that doesn't involve a dusty cowboy strolling up to a bar and ordering a shot of whiskey.

Regardless of its appeal, I thought a whiskey page would be a good companion with my bar series.  I know there are lots of whiskey lovers out there so I hope someone will want to take this drawing home.  I really enjoyed exploring all the colors I could use in this piece.  The liquid permitted me to add rich reds, oranges, yellows and deep burgundy.

No comments: